- Energy and water monitoring and control from a smartphone or web browser.
- Home control (door locks, home security, window shades, smoke alarms, pipe freeze alarm, flood alarms, power strips, thermostats, appliances.)
- Toys and entertainment devices such as e-book readers, personalized radio, and connected physical toys.
- Home health and presence monitoring that connect patients to doctors and family members.
- Automobile location services, remote control access, and engine monitoring.
Image Courtesy: ReadWriteWeb
Arrayent is an interesting company, because it has correctly identified a gap in the massive consumer products market. According to the company, most consumer product companies "lack Internet-connect expertise." I agree with that assessment and think that Arrayent is positioning itself well to provide that expertise.
Given the potential of Internet of Things to revolutionize consumer products - because a great many more products will become Internet-connected in the coming years - we're picking Arrayent as one to watch.
Read More: Arrayent Called The Cisco of Internet of Things - ReadWriteWeb