The senZations summer school has become an annual event on the agenda of young researchers in Europe. Covering a range of novel topics from wireless sensor networks to M2M to Internet of Things and their applications with support of excellent lecturers and senior researchers from academy and industry, the senZations have attracted more than 200 students during the past four events. Internet of Things is regarded as one of the top ten technologies that will impact the future life style and industrial products.
The aim of the summer school is to:
* Present the latest results, trends, activities and applications in the IoT domain
* Identify novel research opportunities, important challenges and research directions
* Demonstrate existing prototypes and demos
* Interact with experienced researchers and establish new contacts
* Have fun and enjoy while acquiring new skills and expertise
The summer school will last for 5 days and will feature a number of different activities:
Lectures: Each day will feature lectures with susbequent discussions around important IoT research themes and technology areas:
* Latest IoT standards developments in IETF including 6LowPAN, ROLL and COAP
* Semantic Sensor Networks and Linked Open Data
* IoT enablers for smart environments and intelligent buildings
* Security and Privacy for an IoT
* Real world search and discovery
* M2M services in mobile networks
* SmartSantander - how to run experiments on a large-scale, outdoors experimental platform and get funding for it
Lecturers include: Antonio Ruzelli (UCD), Zach Shelby (Sensinode), Alex Gluhak (Uni of Surrey), Srdjan Krco (Ericsson), Konrad Wrona (NATO C3 Agency), Milica Pejanovic-Djurisic (Uni of Montenegro), Manfred Hauswirth (DERI, TBC), Laurent Herault (CEA-LETI, TBC).
* Participants Workshop: All participants will have an opportunity to present their own work and involvement in the field.
* Soft skills: working in teams and presentation skills exercises
* Social activities: One day is scheduled for an excursion; a dinner party as well as other interesting social activities will be also organized.
The summer school will take place in Kotor, Montenegro.
REGISTRATION, COSTS and TRAVELING
Participation is open to all qualified applicants, but the number of participants is limited to a maximum of 40. If we receive more applications, we will select participants based on their work area and background, geographic distribution, and date of registration.
To apply, please fill in the form available at http://www.senzations.net/or send an e-mail including name, contact information, research area and background to local organizers.
The registration fee of EUR350 includes participation at all school activities, school material, accommodation in two bed rooms in a student house, breakfasts, lunches, dinners and a social event.
Early registration deadline: May 31, 2011
For registrations after May 31, 20011, the participation fee is 400EUR
Srdjan Krco, Ericsson
Konrad Wrona, NATO C3 Agency
Alexander Gluhak, University of Surrey